Need a Mesothelioma Attorney in West Virginia?
Residents and workers in West Virginia were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1920-1980. Mesothelioma and asbestos-related cancers are typically diagnosed 10-50 years after initial exposure.
Thousands of asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout the state of West Virginia in buildings, residential buildings, industrial plants, factories, power plants, chemical plants, refineries, shipyards and manufacturing plants.
West Virginia shipyard workers, construction workers, mechanics, power plant workers, mill workers, steel workers, railroad workers, pipefitters, plumbers, Insulators, electricians, and laborers are at higher risk than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
West Virginia Asbestos Exposure Hot Spots
Tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of West Virginia. High asbestos exposure was in Kanawha County, Cabell County, Putnam County, Harrison County and Wood County. The state of West Virginia has a population of 1,855,413 (2012 U. S. Census).
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout Oregon included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.
Asbestos Cover Up – Quotes From Asbestos Executives
“…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another corporation’s representative, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
West Virginia Mesothelioma Statistics (Asbestos-Related Deaths)
- West Virginia ranks 27th in the U. S. for deaths from malignant Mesothelioma.
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in West Virginia is 19.59 per million.
- 296 West Virginia residents died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- 697 asbestos-related deaths were reported in West Virginia since 1979.
- Kanawha County, WV has more than 172 asbestos-related deaths and more than 42 Mesothelioma Deaths.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting sources.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 10,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
A Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members as a result of hazardous exposure to asbestos.
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Union Insulator that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $10.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from pleural Mesothelioma.
- $8 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a man diagnosed with Mesothelioma. Noneconomic damages and $1.5 Million for loss of consortium.
- $4.9 Million Settlement: For a man diagnosed with Pleural Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure in workplace in Montana.
- $3.9 Million Settlement: For an Engineer exposed to asbestos on Missouri jobsites.
- $2.9 Million Settlement: For an Engineer and Shipyard worker exposed to asbestos in West Virginia.
- $1.2 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a 76 year old Carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy Veteran Machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
- $245,000 Asbestosis Settlement: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from Asbestosis.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Union Pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old Shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered second hand exposure.
- $1.8 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $7.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband’s work clothes.
West Virginia Workers and Residents Have the Right to Sue Manufacturers that exposed them to Asbestos.
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all West Virginia Cities
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all West Virginia Counties
|Barbour County, WV
Berkeley County, WV
Boone County, WV
Braxton County, WV
Brooke County, WV
Cabell County, WV
Calhoun County, WV
Clay County, WV
Doddridge County, WV
Fayette County, WV
Gilmer County, WV
Grant County, WV
Greenbrier County, WV
Hampshire County, WV
Hancock County, WV
Hardy County, WV
Harrison County, WV
Jackson County, WV
Jefferson County, WV
|Kanawha County, WV
Lewis County, WV
Lincoln County, WV
Logan County, WV
Marion County, WV
Marshall County, WV
Mason County, WV
McDowell County, WV
Mercer County, WV
Mineral County, WV
Mingo County, WV
Monroe County, WV
Morgan County, WV
Nicholas County, WV
Ohio County, WV
Pendleton County, WV
Pleasants County, WV
Pocahontas County, WV
|Preston County, WV
Putnam County, WV
Raleigh County, WV
Randolph County, WV
Ritchie County, WV
Roane County, WV
Summers County, WV
Taylor County, WV
Tucker County, WV
Tyler County, WV
Upshur County, WV
Wayne County, WV
Webster County, WV
Wetzel County, WV
Wirt County, WV
Wood County, WV
Wyoming County, WV
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 800.291.0963
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in West Virginia?
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 800.291.0963 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.