Need a Mesothelioma Attorney in New York?
Residents and workers in New York were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1920-1980. Mesothelioma and asbestos-related cancers are typically diagnosed 10-50 years after initial exposure.
Thousands of asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout the state of New York in buildings, residential buildings, industrial plants, factories, power plants, chemical plants, refineries, shipyards and manufacturing plants.
New York shipyard workers, construction workers, mechanics, power plant workers, mill workers, steel workers, railroad workers, pipefitters, plumbers, Insulators, electricians, and laborers are at higher risk than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
New York Asbestos Exposure Hot Spots
More than 116,000 tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of New York. High asbestos exposure was in shipyards, power plants, steel mills, iron mills, oil refineries, and construction sites in Brooklyn, Manhattan, New York City, Rochester, Buffalo and Watertown. The state of New York has a population of 19,570,261 (2012 U. S. Census).
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout Oregon included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.
Asbestos Cover Up – Quotes From Asbestos Executives
“…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another corporation’s representative, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
New York Mesothelioma Statistics (Asbestos-Related Deaths)
- New York ranks 4th in the U. S. for deaths from malignant Mesothelioma.
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in New York is 10.8 per million.
- 3,374 New York residents died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- 4,088 asbestos-related deaths were reported in New York since 1979.
- New York has a crude mortality rank of 6th in the U. S.
- New York has more than 1.4 million Veterans. 1 in 3 will Veterans will develop an asbestos related disease.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting sources.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 10,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
A Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members as a result of hazardous exposure to asbestos.
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Union Insulator that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $10.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from pleural Mesothelioma.
- $8 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a man diagnosed with Mesothelioma. Noneconomic damages and $1.5 Million for loss of consortium.
- $4.9 Million Settlement: For a man diagnosed with Pleural Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure in workplace in Montana.
- $3.9 Million Settlement: For an Engineer exposed to asbestos on Missouri jobsites.
- $2.9 Million Settlement: For an Engineer and Shipyard worker exposed to asbestos in Nevada.
- $1.2 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a 76 year old Carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy Veteran Machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
- $245,000 Asbestosis Settlement: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from Asbestosis.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Union Pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old Shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered second hand exposure.
- $1.8 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $7.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband’s work clothes.
New York Workers and Residents Have the Right to Sue Manufacturers that exposed them to Asbestos.
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all New York Cities
Bay Shore, NY
Central Islip, NY
Deer Park, NY
Dix Hills, NY
East Meadow, NY
East Northport, NY
East Patchogue, NY
Franklin Square, NY
Glen Cove, NY
Huntington Station, NY
Kiryas Joel, NY
Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
Long Beach, NY
Mount Vernon, NY
New City, NY
New Rochelle, NY
New York City, NY
Niagara Falls, NY
North Bellmore, NY
North Tonawanda, NY
Port Chester, NY
Saratoga Springs, NY
Spring Valley, NY
Valley Stream, NY
West Babylon, NY
West Islip, NY
West Seneca, NY
White Plains, NY
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all New York Counties
|Albany County, NY
Allegany County, NY
Bronx County, NY
Broome County, NY
Cattaraugus County, NY
Cayuga County, NY
Chautauqua County, NY
Chemung County, NY
Chenango County, NY
Clinton County, NY
Columbia County, NY
Cortland County, NY
Delaware County, NY
Dutchess County, NY
Erie County, NY
Essex County, NY
Franklin County, NY
Fulton County, NY
Genesee County, NY
Greene County, NY
Hamilton County, NY
|Herkimer County, NY
Jefferson County, NY
Kings County, NY
Lewis County, NY
Livingston County, NY
Madison County, NY
Monroe County, NY
Montgomery County, NY
Nassau County, NY
New York County, NY
Niagara County, NY
Oneida County, NY
Onondaga County, NY
Ontario County, NY
Orange County, NY
Orleans County, NY
Oswego County, NY
Otsego County, NY
Putnam County, NY
Queens County, NY
Rensselaer County, NY
|Richmond County, NY
Rockland County, NY
Saratoga County, NY
Schenectady County, NY
Schoharie County, NY
Schuyler County, NY
Seneca County, NY
St. Lawrence County, NY
Steuben County, NY
Suffolk County, NY
Sullivan County, NY
Tioga County, NY
Tompkins County, NY
Ulster County, NY
Warren County, NY
Washington County, NY
Wayne County, NY
Westchester County, NY
Wyoming County, NY
Yates County, NY
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 800.291.0963
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 800.291.0963 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, asbestosis, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in New York?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 800.291.0963 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.